There’s a whooping 354 participants in this year’s West Austin Studio Tour.
Big Medium, the non-profit behind the two-weekend self-guided, which runs May 11–12 and May 18–19, announced the list today.
In a handy searchable database, Big Medium organizes participants along the following rubric: 111 artists in studios, 57 guest artists in studios, 74 exhibitions in dedicated spaces, 93 exhibitions in temporary spaces, 11 happenings, and eight public libraries.
11 a.m. to 6 p.m. May 11–12 & 18–19
Boundaries: West of I-35, East of Mopac, South of 183, North of William Cannon
A tour catalog and map will be release closer to the tour. This is eighth iteration of West Austin Studio Tour, a companion to Big Medium’s East Austin Studio Tour.
Charged with artist selection and community outreach, this year tour review committee is:
- Carre Adams, exhibit coordinator/associate curator at the Carver Museum, Cultural & Genealogy Center
- Jieun Beth, visual artist and exhibit coordinator at the Central Library
- Miriam Conner, community engagement coordinator at Forklift Danceworks and member of the city’s African American Resource Advisory Commission
- Oliver Franklin, museum site coordinator at the Elisabet Ney Museum
- Emmy Laursen, associate director at Pump Project
- Vladimir Mejia, visual artist and director of social media and #bitres curator at Co-Lab Projects.