Sightlines welcomes comments on its posts.
We take every comment seriously. And we also take attacks and the abuse of others very seriously.
Keep your comments relevant to the story or topic at hand, and ideally, read the story before commenting on it.
Be respectful and debate ideas, not people. Whether you agree or disagree with another comment, please follow the golden rule when addressing others.
Be constructive. First-hand experiences, credible information and informed questions help build a constructive dialogue. Personal arguments and attacks do not.
Your comments will be moderated after they are posted. They may be removed if you:
- Do not use your real name.
- Abuse authors or other commenters.
- Violate someone’s privacy. Don’t post another individual’s email, phone or other personally identifying information.
- Make racist, sexist or otherwise bigoted comments and make ad hominem attacks.
- Make threatening language of any kind.
- Post fundraising, advertising, marketing or self-promotional material.